Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My favorite trip and why

Poster from Google


After I graduated from San Francisco State University, I went on an amazing trip with my girlfriend. I had saved $1,000.00 from working at the SF Zoo. This money paid for a trip that lasted 6 months. My friend and I took off for Europe on a Charter flight. We traveled through all of Europe on about $2.00 a day. We stayed in youth hostels, student hotels and slept on the train. It was the most exciting, interesting, educational and fun trip I have ever been on. We traveled through every country including Morocco. I loved seeing how people from different cultures lived. It was so interesting meeting people, seeing the land, architecture, museums, artifacts, crafts, and eating the food. We had some very wild experiences, even had our money and passports stolen. It was a trip that I will never forget. It made me want to see more of the World. I then went on to live in Afghanistan for 3 years, designing clothing and importing antiques. I opened my Antique Store in 1976 which I still have. I have a broader understanding of people, different cultures, ethnic groups and the World because of that first trip to Europe.

1 comment:

Phyllis "Saida" said...

Since that trip I have traveled to many different countires.